An international lawyer involved in numerous commercial projects in the US, China, Central America, and Southeast Asia, Dr. Chan is CEO of the Global Risk Mitigation Foundation and General Counsel for a US based company, overseeing compliance, employment issues, and risk management for corporate projects in the United States and Southeast Asia.
Elizabeth is experienced in complex business and commercial litigation and financial law.
Dr. Chan has also been involved in trade, import/export, and agriculture development/food security projects in the Asia-Pacific region. Among her Southeast Asia- based projects, Elizabeth has provided risk assessment and management for an agriculture social entrepreneurship, focusing swine farming and food security. She has also worked with infrastructure development, as well as risk assessment for corporate expansion in Southeast Asia.
Elizabeth is a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association and the Hawaii State Bar Association. She is a graduate of Georgetown University, with a JD from the University of Hawaii, LLM in Corporate and Financial Law from the University of Hong Kong, and an EdD from the University of Southern California.
She is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin.
Dr. Chan’s practice areas include the following:
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- General Business and Corporate
- Risk Assessment, Mitigation & Management for international and domestic projects (more about her risk mitigation expertise & involvement here)
- Inbound Foreign Investment
- Outbound U.S. Investment in the Asia-Pacific Region
U.S. Real Estate
- Financial technology (FinTech)
- International Business
- International Litigation
- Business Negotiations – (Both Domestic & International)
- Export/Import Development
- Entertainment Law
- Business Immigration
- Intellectual Property
- Probate, Estate & Trust Matters